Gion Bertuccio, a Miami-based businessman has flown 22 inaugural and final flights in premium class cabins over the last 25 years, is all set with World’s Most Expensive Air Ticket to fly London’s Heathrow from Abu Dhabi on The Residence, the world’s only private multi-room cabin on a commercial passenger aircraft introduced by one and only, Etihad Airways. The Residence by Etihad is above “First Class”.
Although the airline has not disclosed the price of the ticket, an online check by XPRESS revealed that the return fare on the route may cost Dh155,345 or $43,000+.According to Etihad, The Residence features a first-of-its-kind three-room private cabin, including a living room, double bedroom and ensuite shower room, which will be available on all of the airline’s incoming fleet of Airbus A380 aircraft.
As part of the premium experience, Bertuccio will receive utmost personal attention and care from a dedicated concierge team well before he takes off. He will also have a dedicated Savoy Academy-trained butler on call throughout the flight.
Bertuccio, who booked the inaugural flight on etihad.com, is a passionate flier and an avid collector of airline memorabilia with nearly 2,000 model airplanes, as well as albums filled with boarding passes, certificates and photos from past flights. “For the first time in my flying experience, I really don’t know what to expect but I do know that flying in the Residence by Etihad will be a truly unique adventure, the top of luxury. I have huge expectations. My only wish is that the flight was longer,” said Bertuccio.
- World’s first private multi-room (living room, double bedroom and ensuite shower) cabin on a commercial passenger aircraft
- World’s first cabin to have a dedicated trainer butler
- Measures 125 square feet, on forward upper deck of of Airbus A380
- Available for single or double occupancy
- Savoy Butler Academy-trained butler whose uniform has been designed by Rome-based fashion designer, Ettore Bilotta
- Dedicated VIP concierge team
- Living room has two-seat reclining sofa upholstered in Poltrona Frau leather, dual marquetry dining tables and a chilled mini-bar
- Bedroom has a Poltrona Frau upholstered 82 inch long double bed with custom-made mattress, bedside unit, wardrobe, and under-bed stowage for hand luggage.
- Both rooms have LCD TVs. Broadband with internet mobile and data capability, Live TV, HDMI, AC outlet and USB ports available
- Wi-Fi enabled and equipped with the latest Panasonic eX3 entertainment system, controlled by video touch screen and handset
World’s Most Expensive Air Ticket- London-Abu Dhabi on “The Residence-by Etihad”
An Aviation Enthusiast,Blogger loves to travel new places and make friends.