Rights of Aircraft Passenger : Aviation in India is booming and more & more passengers are flying everyday. Aviation in India is highly regulated sector. There are so many rules and regulations for airlines and airports. The rules of aviation in India is governed by Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Everybody should know the rights of aircraft passengers. Here is the eclipse of the rules and rights for air passengers :
How to get refund from Airlines :
- Payment by Cash————– Immediate
- Payment by Credit Card——-7 (Seven) days is the Refund Processing Time
- Payment through travel agent–Contact your travel agent
Rights of Aircraft Passenger on Delay on Flight :
- Less than 24 Hours–Meals & Refreshments at Airport
- More than 24 Hours–Hotel Accommodation with Transfer
Rights of Aircraft Passenger ,If your flight gets Cancelled :
- Airline is suppose to refund the ticket incase you are not willing to travel on alternate flight.
- No Additional cost for alternate flights.
- If you have to wait for alternate flight,airlines are bound to provide meals and refreshments.
If you are denied Boarding on flight :
- Voluntarily vacate your seat–Airline may give additional flying benefits at their discretion.
- Against your wish————-Airline is liable to give monetary compensation
Rights of Aircraft Passenger,If Special Assistance is Required :
- Carriage of passenger with Disability :Notify Airline 48 Hours before for making necessary arrangements.
- Airline is supposed to give assistance from Departure terminal till arrival terminal upon landing.
- Senior citizen, expectant mother and disabled passenger can ask for automated buggies in the terminal building which is free of cost.
Rights of Aircraft Passenger for Grievance Redressal Mechanism
- Airline/Airport operator is required to redress the grievance within one month.
- Nodal Officer of an Airline or Airport should be addressed for all grievance.
- In case of non-redressal of the matter within the stipulated time frame, you still have an option to take up the matter with DGCA at email@example.com
Rights of Aircraft Passenger & Conditions for De-boarding
The Pilot In Command has the right to offload a person under following conditions :
- Smoking in an aircraft.
- Endangering safety of an aircraft and persons.
- Drunkenness in aircraft
- Failure to obey commands of PIC
- Intentionally interfering with the performance of a crew member
- Behaving in a threatening, abusive, insulting or disorderly manner towards a member of the crew
Tips & Rights of Aircraft Passenger :
- Drink lots of water, which will keep you hydrated and helps your body function optimally.
- Stretch whenever possible, especially on long flights for proper blood circulation.
- Wear comfortable clothing as the temperature inside the airplane may be quite cold.
- Carry medication in your cabin baggage.
- In case of a significant medical history, carry a copy of recent medical records.
- Inform the airline in advance of any special needs.
- As far as practicable, avoid alcoholic and caffeinated drinks.
- Take a decongestant before you board an airplane, especially if you have cold or swollen sinuses.
- Remember to swallow chewing gum.
- Eat light meals or snacks before and during the flight.
- The cabin air is carefully controlled and in a commercial airplane, 50% of the air in the cabin is recirculated and passes through highly efficient filters which trap bacteria, fungi and viruses.
For More Details on Rights of Aircraft Passenger CLICK